ULBA METALLURGICAL PLANT JSCOne of the worldwide recognized producers of Uranium, Beryllium, Tantalum and Niobium products. The company is incorporated into the National Atomic Company “Kazatomprom”
Management System (MS) at Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC is functioning for the following purposes:
- Provide the Customer with stable deliveries of products and services in accordance with the Customer’s specification and legal requirements;
- Improve the Customer’s satisfaction by means of MS efficient use, its continuous upgrade and assurance of compliance with the Customer’s specification and legal requirements;
- Improve ecological performance indexes;
- Prevent occupations accidents and personal injury and improve performance indexes in the field of occupational safety.
MS includes Quality Management System (QMS), Environment Management System (EMS), Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) and Power Management System (PMS).
QMS was originally certified in accordance with ISO 9002:1994 in 1998 by TÜV CERT certification body. EMS was certified in compliance with ISO 14001:1996 in 2003 by BVQi certification body. OH&S MS was originally certified in accordance with OHSAS 18001:2007 in 2010 by TÜV Thüringen e.V. certification body in the field of management systems and human resources.
Currently Ulba Metallurgical Plant JSC carries certificates of MS compliance with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 for operation in the following fields:
- Production of Beryllium, Beryllium compounds and products;
- Production of Tantalum and Niobium; Tantalum and Niobium compounds and products;
- Production of natural Uranium and low enriched Uranium compounds and fuel pellets for power plants.